Channel 5’s Talk of the Town with Meryl Rose:
I had a great time preparing this super easy Peanut Butter Pie on Channel 5’s Talk of the Town today. This is my go-to dessert for casual dinners, Saturday lunch with the family, or a last-minute potluck dinner contribution. Using ingredients you most likely keep on hand all the time, this pie can be thrown together in minutes!
Here’s all you need to do:
1 ready-to-bake pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
1 – 3.4 ounce box Jello Instant French Vanilla Pudding
2 cups cold milk
½ cup peanut butter
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 -1.5 ounce bar of milk or dark chocolate
1- 8 ounce carton Cool Whip topping, or 1 can Reddi-Wip whipped cream
- Bake the pie shell according to directions for a filled pie. Allow to cool.
- Place confectioner’s sugar and peanut butter in a medium size bowl. Using your fingers, work the sugar into the peanut butter, rolling it through your fingers until crumbly and no longer sticky. Measure 3 tablespoons of this mixture and place in a small bowl to use as a topping.
- Sprinkle all of the peanut butter mixture (except the reserved topping) into the cooled pie shell.
- In a medium size bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Beat using a hand mixer or whisk for 2 minutes. Immediately pour the pudding over the peanut butter mixture in the pie shell.
- Refrigerate one hour.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the chocolate bar into long curls. Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, spoon the Cool Whip over pudding, completely covering the pie. Using the back of a spoon, create little peaks over the entire surface.
- Sprinkle the reserved peanut butter topping over whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate curls.
- Serve cold, and refrigerate remaining pie for up to two days.